Aug 16, 2022

Reality Hit Like a Ton of Bricks

 Last night I slept for the first time after birthing Solomon on Sunday morning. Upon awakening, reality hit me and I waited inside the hospital bathroom for a good 10 minutes. It was like learning my baby died all over again. My body is looking for him. To feed him, hold him, smell him and my womb knows but is having trouble accepting. I could ask why, however the pain from that question just creates a rabbit hole. 

I publicly shared the passing of my angel in Heaven because I am accepting reality, slowly but surely. I am heartbroken and incredibly sad. I remember my mom's words to me - be strong for your 3 daughters - they are here and need you. They have also suffered a loss, their sibling. Praying we get through this with grace, love and understanding.

Solomon's journey into ascension was a rare one, having a knot in the umbilical cord is very rare, just like he was. When I birthed h, I was allowed to hold him and be with him for a while. He was absolutely perfect and beautiful. Looked just like his big sister Navi. 

I plan to honor and remember him every day, and every year because he was loved even before he made his appearance Earthside, even if it was for just a little while. 


Rest in Love King Solomon 💙🙏🏼